This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 1 week, 6 days ago.

Using Project functionality in 2 areas

• Hi there,

I’m wondering if you could tell me if or how I can use your Project area in two locations on our website. I only have the demo installed right now but figured I would ask this question now.

My client would like to use this tool in two different locations.

Projects 3Col

So one Project area would have items for Show all | Houses | Condos
    In this case the Show All would be for the Houses and Condos.

Then in another area of the website we woudld like to use the same tool but have items that are allocated to Show All | Kitchens | Bathrooms.
    In this case the Show All would be for the Kitchen and Bathrooms categories.

We don’t want to combine the lists together. Is there way to use your Project tool twice in the manner I have outlined?

Thanks
    Tanya

Hi,

Can you send us your FTP + Wp-admin account? We’ll customize it for you.

Thanks!

Hi there,

Thanks for the offer. I apprecaite that.

I realized I mispoke a bit. Turns out that we need to have the project tool used in two areas but ideally we would like to use them with the same category names

So the first project tool use is for show homes that people can tour so the categories are:

Show All | Two-Storey | Bungalow | Split-Level

Then the next time we want to use the project tool in a different area of the website it’s for homes that are for sale right now. But the categories are the same names:

Show All | Two-Storey | Bungalow | Split-Level

Can this be accommodated? I am sorry that I got this detail incorrect.

Thanks
    Tanya

Hi,

I understand what’s you want. But currently our theme not support this function. If you want please send us your FTP + Wp-admin account. We’ll make this function work on your site,

Thanks!

This reply has been marked as private.

Hi,

Now you can use “QK portfolio 2” to create your portfolio page. Just insert Portfolio Category slug you want to show. Example here: http://concepthomes.ca/pddemo/portfolio-building-interrior/

Thanks!

This reply has been marked as private.

Hi there,

I’m working on the site now and I see that there is a child theme which is great. Thanks for that.

I have noticed that when the child theme came into effect that I lost my phone/email/social media at the top of the site and my footer columns at the bottom. How can I put those back?

Thanks
    Tanya

Hi there,

I figured out the phone/email/social media stuff.

I have worked on the site a bit more and I have both porfolios in place.

http://concepthomes.ca/pddemo/browse-floor-plans/

and

http://concepthomes.ca/pddemo/find-homes-for-sale/

As you will see I have different slugs for both porfolios. This is working quite well.

However in both cases showing the slug names are not ideal. We need them to be in regular english. See attached screen shot as to what I mean.

Is there a way that we can put in the slugs to tell the system what porfolio items to show but the proper Portfolio Category Name appears where the slugs are now?

Thanks
    Tanya

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi,

OK I fixed Category name problem for you.

Thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.